20/02/2013

My archived journey to Mozambique - Week #3

DSCF5287
EN: Hello Bananas! Today's post it's about my journey to Mozambique in December of 2011, yep it has a while ago. Hope you will enjoy it!

On the 20th of December I probably did nothing special, I don't have any pictures of that day so we jump to the 21st. We had to wake up very early this day because we had to go to two places. First stop was my uncle's land and then we went to the beach.
My uncle bought some land and at the time he was building some houses or better yet bangalos. Recently I saw some pictures of a cousin of mine of the place and it looks so good.
PicMonkey Collage_1


PicMonkey Collage_2
So after that, the next stop was the beach. We went to Ponta D'Ouro (if I'm not mistaken), at that beach there are little houses that you can rent and there are a lot of South Africans there. Unfortunately for us the weather was a bit unstable, it was sunny when we arrived, then cloudy, then sunny, then cloudy :S and the water was very cold for my taste. We had lunch there and went for a swim and soon after we had to leave because it was a big journey to return home, maybe like 2 to 3 hours driving and to make things worse it rain a bit in the afternoon, may I remind you that this is Africa and that many roads don't have tar on them (tar is that the correct word?) basically it's sandy roads and sand + water = mud! And just our luck on the way home we found a truck full of people that kinda got stuck on the mud, it was very slippery, and there were also cars coming the opposite direction, it was already dark, it was mental and we stayed there for like half an hour probably in that situation, my cousin driving this massive Toyota jipe with (in total) 8 people inside uuffff stressful. But in the end we managed to get home.
PicMonkey Collage_3

PicMonkey Collage_4

On the next day (22nd) we spent most of the day chilling and what not and at night we went out for dinner at I guess a famous restaurant called Costa do Sol. And of course being the shrimp/prawns lover that I am that is exactly what I ate :P duh! That's what you do when you go to Africa you eat as much crustaceans as you can!
PicMonkey Collage_5

PicMonkey Collage_6

On the 23rd we went for a evening swim (my uncle has a swimming pool) and then we had dinner outside. It was the last day in Mozambique for a cousin of mine (plus her husband and son) because they were returning to Portugal on early 24th to spend Christmas back at home. On this night there was like a festival of thunders and lightnings, so awesome! I didn't managed to get any of it on pictures but I did filmed it lol.
PicMonkey Collage_7

Christmas Eve, now in case you don't know this, my father's side of the family are (most of them) Muslims and I might be wrong but I don't think most Muslims celebrate Christmas (since it's more of a Catholic thing). So we had a Christmas dinner at my uncle's daughter-in-law's parents house. Before she got married (you can see the post about the wedding here) she used to be Catholic but she converted to Muslim because her now husband - my uncle's son - is Muslim. Anyways we had dinner there and then home.
PicMonkey Collage_8

The 25th of December is a special day at my uncle's house and no it's not because it's Christmas, it's because it's actually his birthday plus of his first son (the one that got married) as well, so double B-Day! It was my uncle's 50th birthday so it was a big party over there. The celebration started at night.
PicMonkey Collage_9

PicMonkey Collage_10

YOUTUBE  TWITTER  BLOGLOVIN'  FACEBOOK  TUMBLR  G PLUS
These pictures were taken and belong to Me/Karen U..

4 comments:

  1. cool photos!
    Thanks for your comment :)

    xo,
    Carolina
    http://carolinakrews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!!!)
    Amazing photos!!!!
    Your blog is great!!!!)
    I'm following you... hope you'll do the same)
    A lot of kisses
    Kateryna
    http://fashionbycatia.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, those bungalows must be heavenly during the warmer months!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! Thanks for visiting my page! Would you like to follow each other? If yes - let me know!

    alinasfashtips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog. I really do appreciate.
If you are leaving me a comment PLEASE leave a link TO YOUR BLOG if you have one, so that I can reply and pay you a visit aswell.
xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...