31/12/2012

Baby Gotta Work It Out #1

Hello everyone. Today's post is a bit different than usual I suppose. Have you ever made a New Year's Resolution? I don't think I ever had, so this year I decided to make one and it is to workout!
I bit of a background story for you, I haven't worked out since 2005 - my last year in High School - since then the only workout that I've done is when I have to run to catch the bus, or I'm late to go somewhere, or when I go out at night and dance for like 4 hours. That's all folks! One of the reasons I also never bothered to workout was because during the years from 2005 till 2008 I lost in total, about 8 kilos due to stress and I felt like if I worked out I would eventually disappear. Then from 2009 till 2011 I maintained my 50/51 Kilos because it was when I started to live abroad and I didn't have mommy's food around soo yeeaahhh. 
2012 was the year that everything changed, while living in London like my cousin likes to put it "You eat with the fat, you are gonna get fat" (lol), so I gain like 3 kilos and I only noticed when certain jeans wouldn't close properly -_- and then I became aware of my eating habits I noticed that my food portions had increased specially at dinner time. Since I left London in June I have no idea what's my weight situation also because my scale at home is damaged.

Okei enough rambling now, let's go to the point of this post. Since this last Summer I started watching some fitness videos on Youtube, initially "just for entertainment" since I'm a Youtube addict but after a few months of watching those videos I started thinking "Huumm... maybe... I should start... working out."
So since I can't afford to go to the gym, working out at home is the next best thing and next to that is to get tips right of the Internet for free.
I was going to do just one post about this subject but I decided to make more since I follow a few channels, this post would end up being extremely long. So today I will share two of my favourite Fitness channels on Youtube.


Picture via Facebook Fan Page
Ladies first, her name is Carly and I actually discovered her channel through another Youtube channel but I'll get there in just a bit. I really enjoy her videos, how friendly she is, I - plus others - appreciate the fact that she replies to as many comments as possible, she makes the workouts look like actually fun and she is truly a motivation, she's a sweetheart. Besides fitness videos, she also does hauls, tutorials and vlogs.


Some of my other favourite videos (just click on the titles to access the videos): Workout with The Lean Machines!Flat Stomach ABS Workout! / How to lose weight workout / How to get rid of Bingo Wings / How to lift your Buttocks fast! / How to keep motivated /

You can follow her own her Youtube channel, on Facebook, Blogger and Twitter

Picture via Tumblr
The other channel that I would like to mention belongs to The Lean Machines. Two men, one is Leon (on the left) the other one is John (on the right). Now I discovered Carly because she is Leon's Girlfriend ans she appeared a few times on their channel. I discovered the TLM channel because I saw one video I think it was last year with Nic from the Pixiwoo (the makeup artist from the U.K. who also has a Youtube channel). Nic has a sister Samantha with who she also works with on the channel Pixiwoo. John is Nic and Samantha's brother, plus John has a twin brother, his name is Jim who also has a Youtube channel. Jim is engaged to Tanya Burr another youtube makeup guru and also their mother have a Youtube channel *uuuufffff* XD.
Okei now, they have loads of videos of exercises that you can do at home which is great for me. They are (personal opinion) very funny, not only you get working out ideas for boys, girls, people that want to loose weight (also for the Ladies that want to loose the Baby weight) or people that want to gain some muscles, you also have food suggestions videos.


You can follow them on their Main Channel, their Vlog Channel, Style Me Fit Channel, Facebook and Twitter.

Basically I mostly want to get in shape, get fit, destroy this Muffin Top and be healthy, I don't want necessarily to loose weight >.<.
Hope you guys have enjoyed this post of mine and let me know if you want to see more posts like this one.
Do you have any New Year's resolution?

On that note, I wish all of you a HAPPY NEW YEAR! And thank you for all the love and support here on Opening My Mind! MMUUUUAAAAHHH xoxo

YOUTUBE  TWITTER  BLOGLOVIN'  FACEBOOK  TUMBLR  G PLUS
I do not own the Copyrights of the two pictures. They were found via Facebook and Tumblr.

2 comments:

  1. Totally love this post..I am also always looking for good fitness inspiration..dragging myself to the gym isn´t my fave thing (hate cardio) but a definite must-do!!!!

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jezz, I'm so glad that you liked the post :) I hate running but is defo something that I need to start doing every now and then.
      xoxo

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog. I really do appreciate.
If you are leaving me a comment PLEASE leave a link TO YOUR BLOG if you have one, so that I can reply and pay you a visit aswell.
xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...