20/03/2012

I'm Blue da ba dee da ba dy

BeFunky_DSCF1118

Hello everyone!
Today I would like to show you something that I bought a few weeks ago.
So lately I've been seeing a lot of pictures with girls and their colourful ombré/decradé hair or deep dyed, whateva you wanna call it, it's when you have the ends of your hair dyed in pink,blue, green, purple etc... I wanted to do the same but to do so, I would have to bleach my ends and then dye them.... I can't do that right now, my hair is waayyy to fragile/weak to be bleached, so the next best thing is colourful hairspray! Kinda like the ones you will find during Carnival and Halloween. I saw in a magazine one hairspray brand, that I can't remember the name right now, that was sold either in Boots or Superdrug, one day after work I passed at a Superdrug next to my work and I couldn't find that same brand spray but I managed to find another one that was cheaper :P. The brand is from Superdrug, Superdrug Instant Colour Hair Spray UV GLOW - so it´s like a house brand item -  and they have at least 5 colours, pink, red, blue, yellow and black. I bought the blue can, Blue Hood, thinking it was gonna be light blue, but it ended being dark vibrante blue, but still you can notice on my hair, and I should point out that the bottom half of my hair is kinda black (because of a dye ink that won't go away) so you can notice the blue pretty well.
What's your opinion? I think I like to wear the hairspray when my hair has these big curls so I only spray some hair locks.
Picnik collage_1
What I can say about the product?
The Good
- It's affordable. Something between 2.99£ and 3.00£.
- Since the colour is not permanent it's a great option to try different colours whenever you feel like it.
- I only have one colour, in Blue Hood, and I'm pretty happy with how vibrante it is.
- From what I understood, if you are under a UV light, like the ones from C.S.I. or in the nighclubs, your hair will like glow :O I haven't tested that so far, but I might do it soon.

The Not so Good
- The Spray, even though it dries, if you are the type of person that like to touch your hair all the the time, you might end up with your hands painted. So If you are wearing light clothes and still want to use the spray, try doing it on the upper part of the hair in order to avoid transfers to the clothes.
- The sprayed hair, tends to get a bit hard.
- It comes out when you was your hair but wash it pretty weeeellllll. I did only some locks on my hair and still it took a while for the blue stop flowing.

Was this an O.K. review? o_O

Enter My First Giveaway that now ends on the 31st of March! 
DSCF1010_2

These pictures were taken and belong to Me/Karen U..

15 comments:

  1. Adorei o look. Essas madeixas azuis no meio dos caracois ficam mmo fantasticas, mas o facto do spray deixar o cabelo aspero/ seco e poder manchar a roupa nao me fascinou.
    De qualquer forma, acho q ainda era capaz de experimentar.
    Obrigada pelo review.
    Beijinhos***

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oi Lady Nini, é verdade o facto do cabelo ficar meio seco não é lá muito bom, daí preferir fazer isto com "caracois" do que o cabelo liso, assim é de maneira que o caracol dure mais tempo haha. No meu caso nao me manchou a roupa, mas tb pq tinha uma blusa preta, e pintei mais na parte de cima do cabelo, mas suspeito que poderá passar para a roupa, ja que se eu passar a mão no cabelo fico com um pouco de azul nas mãos imagino em roupa clara. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Foi uma review maravilhosa, adoro a forma como ficam as madeixas no teu cabelo! ai, esse giveaway ihihi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oi Cátia fico feliz por teres gostado da review, eu não sou lá muito boa com essas coisas :D mas vou tentando.
      Hehe gostas mesmo do meu Giveaway ahn? hehe ainda bem. Boa sorte xoxo

      Delete
  3. I want to dye my hair purple, I was too scared to do the whole purple look, but now this is giving me ideas - to dye the ends only and then I would cut it when I am tired of it, hehe :)

    my fav part of this review: It's affordable. Something between 2.99£ and 3.00£... yes shush, there is a way big difference between 2.99 and 3 :P xoxos from Prague :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeaaahhh DYE DYE DYE your hair baby girl :P yeah dying just the ends is pretty IN right now. Might aswell do it, before you get a serious just, and they dont like that type of shiz :s
      HAHA oh yeah the prices, the website was saying 2.99 and then 1penny off 3.00 lol, so I dont know if it was for people with Superdrug membership card or a promotion day lol
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I'm interested to dye my hair in blue, horizontally at the bottom of my one lenght hair. Wait for me kareeen! Me
    <3 you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pijo, if you do it dont forget to show the pictures ya! :)

      Delete
  5. Obrigada por visitares o blog!! =D

    Eu de bases não sei muita coisa porque não utilizo... =S Mas acho o BB Cream muito bom!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olá linda!!
    Ai que produto é esse, que loucura, adorei!!
    Ficou lindo o teu cabelo;)
    Quero um desses cor de rosa para mim com urgência ehheh;)

    Beijinhos Grandes
    http://pinkstarnailsanastacia.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosto das madeixas :) Tenho de experimentar esse produto hehe
    Sai tudo só numa lavagem?

    Queres tentar ter o cabelo liso quando deixas secar naturalmente?
    Já tentei alguns produtos, o que gostei mais até foi um crema da Nivea para depois do lavar da gama Easy Liss.
    http://www.nivea.pt/Produtos/Produtos-para-o-Cabelo/Easy-Liss/Balsamo-Easy-Liss
    Não fica lisinho como a placa, mas fica com ondas mais suaves. O meu cabelo não tem ondas, mas tem alguns jeitos.
    O que costumo fazer é aplica depois do banho, no cabelo molhado e ir deixando secar e à medida que seca vou penteando sempre o cabelo (por vezes o meu cabelo demora umas 3 horas a ficar td seco e chego a pentear sem exagero de meia em meia h LOL :D). Mas resulta, consigo que ele fique bonito e sem secador e ferro :)

    Beijinhos***

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosto muito do azul e os caracóis estão fantásticos!
    Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Está super cool o teu cabelo ;)

    Obrigada pela ajuda querida, hoje o blogger já me deixou colocar fotos outra vez..não percebi! Mas se voltar a acontecer já sei o que tenho de fazer, obrigada! :)

    xoxo F.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Olá querida :)
    Deixei um selinho tag no meu blog para ti,

    beijinhos**

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog. I really do appreciate.
If you are leaving me a comment PLEASE leave a link TO YOUR BLOG if you have one, so that I can reply and pay you a visit aswell.
xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...